Visit us on Facebook:
RePete Thrift Shop
Hours of Operation:
Our new operating hours are T, W, Th from 9-2. We take consignments on those days from 9:30-12. We will also be opened on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 10-2 and we will accept consignments from 10-2.
Closed all Holidays
Consignments and Policies
1. The Peterson Thrift Shop is located in Building 1525 off of Peterson and Selfridge Street. It is open the above hours (weather permitting) and closed all holidays. We are staffed by volunteers.
2. The Thrift Shop is a consignment shop where members of the Dept. of Defense family (with valid ID) may buy or sell used personal property. Up to 12 items (10 of which may be clothing items) may be consigned each day. No more than 4 "like" items per day. A blackboard inside the shop lists items that may be restricted or limited that day.
3. The prices on merchandise sold in the Thrift Shop are set by the consignee. Bartering is not permitted. Selling of items is not permitted in the Thrift Shop parking lot.
4. All items sold in the Thrift Shop are used and sold "as is". Whenever possible, test items before buying. There are NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGES, and NO GUARANTEES.
5. Clothing consignments must be appropriate for the season. All items, including clothing, must be clean and in good repair. Clothing must not be wrinkled, torn, stained, pilled, musty, or smell of smoke. We do accept children's clothing.
6. The Thrift Shop has the right to refuse any article for sale which is unreasonably priced, dirty, or is not in good working order or condition. The Thrift Shop's decision on acceptance is final. Items found unacceptable after consignment will not be placed on display.
7. Checks can be picked up at the thrift shop. Those who would like to have checks mailed, please see manager for details. Consignees receive 70% for each item sold (minus monthly postage & handling fee). Checks are written by computer and cannot be written or given out early.
8. The Thrift Shop retains 30% of the selling price of each item sold. All profits are distributed by the PSC Spouses Club welfare committee to both Air Force and civilian communities for charitable uses and scholarships.
9. A .15 or 5% (whichever is greater) take-out fee is imposed to reclaim an unsold item anytime before it expires. Items not reclaimed before the contract expires become Thrift Shop property. The Thrift Shop is not responsible for reminding you of your contract expiration date.
10. The Thrift Shop is an excellent place to shop for bargains. Clothing, kitchen items, furniture, linens, etc. can be found at reasonable prices. A 30 day layaway program is available for more costly items, requiring a 30% non-refundable deposit. Inquire at the office.
11. The Thrift Shop accepts and appreciates any clean, usable donations. Items may be dropped off during operating hours, or after hours in the donation box in the back parking lot. Tax receipts are available in the office.
12. PLEASE READ YOUR CONTRACT
Thrift Shop Questions
Please Contact: (719) 556-1756
PO Box 14217
Colorado Springs, CO 80914
Site of Thrift Store: 105 Selfridge Street, Building 1525 off of Peterson and Selfridge Streets, across from Youth Center.